The Fund is an equity fund that invests in shares of the 10 companies that comprise the Finance 10 Index, under portfolio allocations outlined below. The Finance 10 Index is a sector index, covering over 60% of the BFI sector market capitalization and is reviewed quarterly by the investment committee with transparent selection criteria.
Index Selection Criteria
- Selected from the BFI sector on the basis of market capitalization.
- A “liquidity test” to qualify for index selection.
- Corporate Governance and risk management
- Exposed to BFI sector stock market risk
- Comparatively, a low-risk equity portfolio due to the absence of Trading Risk, Speculative Risk, or Fund Manager Risk.
- Being invested in shares, this Fund carries the risk of capital appreciation as well as depreciation with fluctuations of the Finance 10 Index.
- The fund maintains 3% in cash and exposure limits as per SEC requirements.
- The ten companies included in the Index are well researched by analysts to unearth risks and opportunities.
Front End Fee
1.00% per annum of assets under management
Trustee & Custodian Fees
0.20% per annum of assets under management
Investors eligible to invest
- Citizens of Sri Lanka
- Companies and institutions incorporated in Sri Lanka
- Foreign institutions and individuals (Gazette No – 1719/22)
All capital and profits earned can be repatriated to a pre confirmed designated bank account without restriction.
Account Name : Ceylon Financial Sector Fund
Account No : 003010539768
Bank : Hatton National Bank
Branch : Head Office
Country : Sri Lanka
Bank Code : 7083
Branch Code : 003
SWIFT : HBLILK LXXXX
Address : No. 479 T. B. Jayah Mawatha, Colombo 01
Documents Required To Invest In The Fund
Ceylon Asset Management Company Limited does not accept cash.
You may apply for units of CFSF by transferring LKR from your account or by depositing a cheque to CFSF Account in Hatton National Bank. The details are as follows:
- Duly signed application form
- A copy of your NIC / Passport
- A billing proof of address
- Application form signed by two authorized signatories
- A Board Resolution giving authority to place investments
- A letter of Authorization with specimen signatures to operate the investment
- Certified copy of Articles of Association
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Passport / NIC copies of the authorized signatories Information of Directors and Beneficial Owners
Procedure to Withdrawal
You can turn your units into cash at any time. All you have to do is send us an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we would transfer the funds to the designated account of yours within 01 working day
Emails received before 9.30 am on a working day, transactions will be processed based on the previous day’s closing price.
Emails received after 9.30 am on a working day, transactions will be processed based on the same day’s closing unit price