The Fund is an “enhanced” Index Fund invested in shares of the 10 companies that comprise the Colombo Top 10 Index (TOP 10 Index), under respective market capitalisation proportions. The TOP 10 index is selected by an independent Index Committee, covering approximately 30% of the total CSE market capitalisation.
The fund aims to follow the market capitalisation proportions of the Index on any given day, while the TOP 10 Index aims to track the performance of the overall stock market (ASPI).
The “MANAGED” Index Fund Enhancements Selected On The Basis Of:
- Market capitalization.
- A “liquidity test” to qualify for index selection.
- Two stocks per sector to ensure diversification.
Maintains 3% in cash as per the SEC liquidity requirement.
Can invest up to 10% in IPO’s at the discretion of the Manager.
Dividend Distribution Policy
Distributable income will be derived principally from dividend income received by the fund. Net income will be distributed at the discretion of the manager after satisfying operating fees and expenses of the fund. Investors have the option to re-invest their annual distribution in units of the fund.
- Minimum Risk equity portfolio due to the absence of Trading Risk, Speculative Risk or Fund Manager Risk.
- Being invested in shares, this fund carries the risk of capital appreciation as well as depreciation with fluctuations of the TOP 10 Index.
- The ten companies included in the index have sound reputations of good corporate governance and are well researched by analysts to unearth risks and opportunities.
- The regulatory requirement to hold 3% of funds in cash will naturally lead to a performance deviation (tracking error) between the fund and the TOP 10 index.
International Security Identification Number (ISIN)
Front End Fee
1.00% per annum of assets under management
Trustee & Custodian Fees
0.30% per annum of assets under management
Investors eligible to invest
- Citizens of Sri Lanka
- Companies and institutions incorporated in Sri Lanka
- Foreign institutions and individuals (Gazette No – 1719/22)
- Minors under the age of 18 years provided the application is made by a duly appointed guardian
All capital and profits earned can be repatriated to a pre confirmed designated bank account without restriction.
Account Name : Ceylon Index Fund
Account No : 003010539801
Bank : Hatton National Bank
Branch : Head Office
Country : Sri Lanka
Bank Code : 7083
Branch Code : 003
SWIFT : HBLILK LXXXX
Address : No. 479 T. B. Jayah Mawatha, Colombo 01
ISIN : LKCDBFU00004
Documents Required To Invest In The Fund
Ceylon Asset Management Company Limited does not accept cash.
You may apply for units of CIF by transferring LKR from your account or by depositing a cheque to CIF Account in Hatton National Bank. The details are as follows:
- Duly signed application form
- A copy of your NIC / Passport
- A billing proof of address
- Application form signed by two authorised signatories
- A Board Resolution giving authority to place investments
- A letter of Authorization with specimen signatures to operate the investment
- Certified copy of Articles of Association
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Passport / NIC copies of the authorized signatories Information of Directors and Beneficial Owners
Procedure to Withdrawal
You can turn your units into cash at any time. All you have to do is send us an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we would transfer the funds to the designated account of yours within 01 working day
Emails received before 9.30 am on a working day, transactions will be processed based on the previous day’s closing price.
Emails received after 9.30 am on a working day, transactions will be processed based on the same day’s closing unit price